At dormakaba, we’re pleased to announce we’ve expanded our popular 8000 Series exit device product line to include an escutcheon trim option, the 8H Escutcheon Trim.
According to David Karley, Exit Device Product Manager, “We’re thrilled to offer the option of the escutcheon trim for the exterior side of the door. This trim is a great addition to our existing 8000 Series line of products, further expanding options for the end-user. In after-market installations, it enhances aesthetics by covering up unsightly existing holes. In new installations, it prevents the need to drill excessively. The trim requires clearance holes for the standoffs and spindle, but that’s all. The 03 function will require one extra hole to accommodate the cylinder cup.”
Features and benefits of DORMA’s 8H Escutcheon Trim include:
- Single plate connecting pieces together, providing a seamless look
- Five functions, three lever styles, and one knob style
- Available in six different finishes— with designer and custom colors available at additional charge
- Multiple mounting stand-offs to accommodate different mounting methods
- Covers existing 161 door prep
- Easily converts from Entry (08 Function) to Storeroom (09 Function – key only removable when locked)
- Uses a standard 1 1/8” mortise cylinder (for 08/09 keyed functions)
- 03 Function requires a rim cylinder
- ANSI/BHMA 156.3 Grade 1 rating
- UL Listed
- ADA and NFPA 80 and 101 Compliant
- Backed by dormakaba expertise and service—If you ever need additional support, our experts are there for technical and installation support.
The dormakaba 8H Escutcheon Trim is now available within the American market. Have questions or want to learn more? Contact the knowledgeable dormakaba team today!