Full-height turnstiles, consisting of rotating barriers that extend from the floor to the top of the turnstile, can enhance the physical security of buildings and properties’ perimeters. By allowing passage to only authorized personnel and reducing the risk of compromise, they set smart boundaries and keep access secure.
Full-height turnstiles have several advantages over doors:
- They prevent hold open which is common with swing doors.
- They control how many people can enter, limiting the number that can go in or out when a credential is presented.
- They prevent tailgating (i.e., unauthorized individuals entering right behind authorized individuals).
- They can isolate entry to just one direction.
- They offer operational flexibility (many accommodate a variety of credential readers).
- They have an impressive throughput rate of up to 20 people per minute.
- They are well suited for applications with unmanned areas where a high level of security is needed.
- They can be set up on a moveable pallet for transitory openings, such as those on construction sites.
dormakaba’s full-height turnstiles have advanced electronic access control options. Their modular system has a variety of turnstile bars, roof elements, and side panels to make various design configurations possible. These full-height turnstiles are ideal for securing outside areas as they ensure controlled passage of authorized individuals in the permitted direction. When used with card readers, dormakaba’s full-height turnstiles can control access reliably, without the need for paid staff. Providing safety and ease of use with their power assist feature, a slight push activates the turnstiles, which then adjust to the speed of persons passing through. dormakaba offers full-height turnstiles with two, three, or four wings. For the comfort and convenience of users, several canopy options that fit single, multiple or double units with a lighting option are available. In contrast, many competitive full-height turnstiles source canopies from third party vendors which are not available with lighting.
Additional features and benefits of dormakaba full-height turnstiles include:
- A patented end-point locking system that prevents users from being locked in.
- Stainless steel column and bars that resist rust and corrosion.
- A low energy drive system that minimizes electricity costs.
A Secure Solution
Full-height turnstiles make an effective access solution for industrial plants, military installations, parks, power plants, airports, parking sites, prisons, educational facilities and other difficult-to-secure applications.
Visit our website for more information about dormakaba’s full-height turnstiles, or contact us at 844-773-2669 to talk with a consultant about your access control needs.